Thursday, April 16, 2015

Reading Diary A - European Fairy Tales I

For this reading diary, I am reading European Fairy Tales I.

Puss in Boots - I enjoyed reading this story.  I had heard of the character of Puss in Boots before, however I had never read the actual story of Puss in Boots before.

Puss in Boots (cont.) - I liked finishing the end of this story.  For some reason the story sounds familiar to me, yet I know that I have never read this story before.

The Dirty Shepherdess - This is an interesting story to read.  It is rather sad that the King kicked out his own daughter for saying she saw him similar to the salt on her food, which seemed to me that it was an expression of how much she loved him.

The Dirty Shepherdess (cont.) - This story reminds me a lot of Cinderella, except the main character was first rich and royal and then became a commoner.  I guess you could say Cinderella was the same way because she was rich in happiness first and then became a maid to her step-mother.

How the Dragon was Tricked - I wonder why the young man became such a trickster.  Because there really was no need for him to be so many to so many different people in the kingdom.

How the Dragon was Tricked (cont.) - This was certainly an interesting story.  But the poor king, all he was doing was ruling his kingdom and he was killed by the dragon that he wanted.

The Young Man Who Would Have His Eyes Opened - I really did't understand this story.  I thought it was weird and confusing overall.

Kisa the Cat - Well the giant in the story was really mean.  He captured a young girl, and he didn't expect her to cry?  Clearly he never had to deal with a lot of living princesses.

Kisa the Cat (cont.) - I really liked the ending of this.  Kisa was so helpful to the princess that she deserved to get some sort of reward, which of course she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment