Sunday, April 19, 2015

College Writing Review

My major is psychology and there is typically a decent amount of writing that goes with the major.  A lot of the time, the writing will deal with writing about studies that someone has performed or write about a critique of a study that has already been performed.  The writing itself tends to be a little bit more straight forward instead of imaginative like a creative writing course would require.

The only other class that has been very writing intensive, that I have taken, was an expository writing class called Music, Sound and Noise.  The class was focused on how music and sounds change throughout time and how different sounds effect us.  We started the class by focusing on the sounds around us and at the end, we learned about Stravinsky's, music the ballet The Rite of Spring which was choreographed by Sergei Diaghilev, a famous choreographer in the dance world.
(Dancers in The Rite of Spring Wikimedia)

I think overall, that I have definitely learned what my strengths and weaknesses in my writing are.  As I have learned about those strengths and weaknesses, I have been able to focus on what needs to improve and what I need to do in order to keep making my writing stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment