Friday, April 17, 2015

Reading Diary B - European Fairy Tales

For this reading diary, I am finishing reading European Fairy Tales.

I Know What I Have Learned - Well it certainly is silly that a troll could knock some of his own head off in order to have some meat for a broth.  But if that is what trolls are able to do, then let them do that.


I Know What I Have Learned (cont.) - I was very confused how this story ended.  The whole thing seemed to be a jumble of multiple story lines all happening at once.

Lovely Ilonka - I do think that the king had the right idea having his son wait to marry.  But it also seemed like the son just wanted the idea of marriage without having someone to actually marry.

Lovely Ilonka (cont.) - All is well that ends well.  It is certainly true in this case because the right maiden married the king and the wrong maiden was found out.

The Death of the Sun-Hero - People who get a big head and think they are better than everyone else always end up getting what is due to them in some way or another.

The Giants and Herd-Boy - The herd-boy certainly had it easy.  I am surprised that the Giants didn't miss the load of bread since it gave out gold coins to whoever tried to eat it.

The Voice of Death - I wonder what the man's wife thought about her husband going on the crazy journey to find a place where there was no death.  I would certainly think it was crazy if it was my husband that said he wanted to go.

The Goat's Ears of Emperor Trojan - I wonder why the Emperor wanted to hide his goat ears so much.  Or why the emperor always killed the barbers who said he had goat ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment