Sunday, April 19, 2015

Extra Reading Diary - Russian Folktales

For this reading diary, I am reading Russian Folktales.

The Dead Mother - Well that was a creepy tale.  I didn't want to read about that.  I thought folktales were supposed more happy, not similar to horror movies.

The Treasure - It is so sad that no one wanted to help the old man bury his dead wife.  In the middle of winter too, which makes this tale all the more sad in the beginning.

The Bad Wife - I wonder why the bad wife was so mad and angry all of the time.  She certainly didn't like her husband.  

The Three Copecks - Well the young man was certainly a lucky young man to have all of that good fortune happen to him.

The Miser - This story reminds me of the story of Scrooge, however this is not a Christmas story, nor is the Scrooge story set in Russia.

No comments:

Post a Comment