Monday, March 2, 2015

Reading Review Week

As the weeks have passed by, I have started to realize the ease of using my reading diary as inspiration for my storytelling posts.  I did not realize this at the beginning, so I would go through the un-textbook and try to find a story that matched my fancy.  After that, I would then create a story based on the story I had just read.  But now I realize I can create a story for my storytelling post based on the stories I am reading for that week.  That way, I already have a story read and do not need to go through and search the textbook.

In terms of enjoyment, I am enjoying reading the stories, however I think that the reading diary posts are boring.  I understand they are necessary and I know that there has to be some way for the students to show that they have done the reading.  While I do not have any ideas as to what would help make the reading diaries more interesting, maybe a couple of specific questions student will have to answer, I think that there could be some way to make the reading diaries more enjoyable for the students.


I decided to use this photo because I very much enjoyed reading the Sinbad stories.  The different adventures that Sinbad went on, even if he could avoided all of the terror by just not going, were always so exciting that it was a joy to read those stories.  This photo came from my reading diary B, and I liked it because it shows the true scale of the Roc, or baby Rocs compared to the average human man.

No comments:

Post a Comment