Tuesday, January 13, 2015

UnTextbook

The first story I found was the story from the Ancient Egypt unit called The Green Jewel.  I enjoyed reading this story because it was a story from Ancient Egypt, which is a culture I always enjoy learning about.

Found At Deviantart

The next story I read was from Arabian Nights and was called The Sultan and the Fish.  I enjoyed reading this story because of how the story was told and the intrigue that comes with the story.  I have heard about Arabian Nights before, but I have never had the opportunity to read any of the stories from Arabian Nights.

The third story I read from was the unit on Chinese Fairy Tales called The Girl with the Horse's Head.  I enjoyed this story for the fairy tale twist on a traditional Chinese process that I had heard how to do before.

The final story I read was from the unit on the Congo and is called How Gazelle Got Married.  I enjoyed reading this story because it wasn't just a traditional myth that people think of when they think of a myth.  I also just enjoyed reading the myth because it was an entertaining story to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment