Thursday, January 8, 2015

Favorite Places

My Favorite Places

The two places that I would call my favorite places are Dallas, TX and Tahoe, CA.

Dallas, TX

Even though I never grew up anywhere near Texas, going to school in Oklahoma has given me plenty of reason to go down and visit Dallas quite often.  Not only does the city have the more suburban feel in the outlying areas, but the downtown area also gives Dallas the city-life feel that everyone expects from it.  It not only combines those two aspects, but it also has the Texas/country feel in a way that feels like home to me.  


The Downtown Arts District 
(Found at Wikimedia)

A view of Downtown at Night
(Found at StaticFlickr)

Tahoe, CA
My family went on vacation to Tahoe over the summer and I have to say, it was one of my favorite places I have ever been.  Not only was Lake Tahoe available from just about anywhere you went, but the weather was perfect the entire time we were there too.  North of San Fransisco, it was never too hot and also just cool enough to allow you to spend the entire day outside.

This is what the lake looked like every single day.
(Found on Wikimedia)
There were beaches and docks all around the lake.  
(Found at Wikimedia)

1 comment:

  1. What great pictures of Dallas, Meghan - and of beautiful Lake Tahoe too! Wonderful!!! Later on in the semester, you might want to read the California/Southwestern Native American unit... you can read stories from the peoples who lived in that part of California and told so many stories about the lakes, rivers, mountains that make it such a beautiful place! :-)

    ReplyDelete