Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Storybook Favorites


The first story I looked at is Tales From The Love Gods.  Ever since I was young I have always enjoyed learning about different myths from different cultures and seeing how they intersect.  I picked this storybook because it not only has romance, but it also combines two different cultures to talk about the gods of love.

The next story is Fairytale Case Files.  I have always been interested in mysteries and puzzles.  I also love watching crime shows on tv, the trying to piece together the puzzles from the perspective of the police always makes for an enjoyable puzzle.  The fact that the classic Grimm Fairytales that everyone knows has now been taken to be part of a mystery, makes it even more intriguing to consider, or at least thats what I think anyway.

The final story I looked at was The Three Goddess and Their Birds. I was intrigued by this title because of my history with Roman and Greek mythology.  Having studied Latin and Roman Culture for so long during my high school career, I have been able to read many different Roman Myths.  I have always been fascinated by Roman Mythology.  From the Gods and Goddesses to what they represented and what they did, I have always loved learning about them.  This storybook gave another insight into three of the goddesses and the birds that represented them.

(The Gingerbread House, Found at Wikimedia)



No comments:

Post a Comment