Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Reading Diary A - The Voyages of Sinbad

For this reading diary, I decided to read The Voyages of Sinbad.

First Voyage - In this story, it was basically by pure luck that Sinbad found the men who were herding the goats.  Without them, he surely would have died from a lack of food and water after floating in the ocean for a very long time.

First Voyage (cont.) - If I was Sinbad, I would have been offended if the captain of the ship did not recognize me.  While yes, it may have been a while since the ship took off, it had not been multiple years which would have caused him to be hard to recognize.

Second Voyage - I feel bad for Sinbad, that no one paid attention to notice that he was left behind on the island.  You would think with a ship, that they would need everyone back on the ship, however some how or some way, Sinbad was not needed.


Second Voyage (cont.) - If this story happened in real life, and I was in Sinbad's position, I don't know how I would react.  I am sure it was terrifying to see all of those giant animals.

Third Voyage - Even though Sinbad wants to be up and active, he has the worst luck on these voyages.  There is always something to cause issues on his voyages.  This time he could possibly get eaten by a giant with one eye!

Third Voyage (cont.) - If I was a merchant, I wouldn't travel anywhere with Sinbad.  It seems like everyone who was with Sinbad died on this trip!

Third Voyage (end) - It really is a miracle Sinbad ran into that captain from his second voyage.  Not only is he able to make the captain feel better, knowing he is alive, but Sinbad is also able to collect his earnings from the last voyage and have a small amount of money for himself.

Fourth Voyage - Sinbad really just needs to stay home.  Whenever he goes on some sort of voyage, he always ends up in some situation that could cause him to die.

Fourth Voyage (cont.) - Sinbad really does have the worst luck, no matter where he is living.  Even if he is not on a voyage, he still is put to death because of his wife, who was even a wife he wasn't looking for

Fourth Voyage (end.) - I wonder how the woman knew about the crack in the cave to get through.  No one else wanted to help Sinbad in his predicament before he was lowered into the cave, and the men even tried to hurry the process.  I wonder why they let everyone be put into the same cave.  Because, what would happen if there are multiple people alive in the cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment