Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Reading Diary B - The Voyages of Sinbad

For my reading diary, I am continuing to read The Voyages of Sinbad.

Fifth Voyage - I wonder what the other members of the ship were thinking, hacking the egg and killing the young roc.  Obviously there are parents who cared for the egg.  Did they not think anything would happen to them?

Fifth Voyage (cont.) - Sinbad certainly has quite a bit of luck wherever he goes.  No matter what scrape he gets into, he is always able to make it out alive and unharmed.

Sixth Voyage - Even with the despair Sinbad faced, he wasn't the least bit excited to find the cave that was covered in gems and precious jewels.  Maybe he has seen everything that there is to see in the world.

Sixth Voyage (cont.) - I'm pretty sure that if anyone other than Sinbad was telling this story, they would not have floated out to safety, like Sinbad did.

Sixth Voyage (end) - I know it would never be possible, but I would love to ride an elephant just like the one mentioned in the story.  I think that would be amazing to be able to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment