Sunday, February 1, 2015

Princess Stories From Around the World: Styles Brainstorm

Topic: My topic is going to be about different princesses around the world.  My goal is to find four different princess stories from different cultures around the world.  One story I definitely want to include is How the Raja's Son Won the Princess Labam. Another story I plan on using is The Princess of the Tower.  I do not think I will have any issue finding stories of princesses, for there are already quite a few to choose from, I just will have trouble trying to determine which stories will be the stories I want to use in my storybook.

Bibliography:
1. How the Raja's Son Won the Princess Labam from Indian Fairy Tales on Sacred-Texts.com, author Joseph Jacobs in 1912
2. The Princess of the Tower, from Jewish Fairy Tales and Legends by Aunt Naomi, on Sacred-Texts.com

Possible Styles:

Princesses at a Ball: This is a rather simple idea because it could be different princesses who are making small talk at a ball they are all attending. This would result in them swapping stories about what has happened in their lives.

Meeting Up At A Coffeeshop: Another possible idea is that a group of princesses, who have been long time friends, decided to meet up as a group at a coffeeshop.  They have not seen each other in quite some time so they want to meet up and catch up to see how each others lives are going.

Girls Night: A third possible idea for me to use as a style is to have it so that the princesses are having a girls night together, complete with playing some of their favorite games, eating their favorite food, and enjoying spending a night away from the royal duties that each is required to do.  The girl talk turns into different girls swapping stories about different things that have happened in their lives.

Out In The Park: A final idea is that the girls are outside, getting together to enjoy a gorgeous day outside, and spend time together.  Throughout the course of their time in the park, they come across the topic of events that have happened in their lives. So they decide to turn it into a picnic where they socialize and talk about their different life events.

Princess Labam (via Pinterest)

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I love that you picked princesses. I may or may not have had a princess obsession from a very young age, but then again, I don’t think that’s too unusual! Though now it’s more of a Kate Middleton obsession… But anyways, I love your ideas, and I’ll definitely have to check out your project because it sounds so awesome! I definitely love the coffee shop and girl’s night settings, as they are so relatable and fit the storytelling motif you want to use so well!

    ReplyDelete