Thursday, February 5, 2015

Egypt Myths - Extra Reading Diary

For my extra reading diary I decided to read the first half of Ancient Egyptian Myths and Tales.

Creation - I liked reading this story.  It is always interesting to see how each culture tells the creation story.
The God Ra (Wikimedia)

The Secret Name of Ra - I think that this story showed how mean Isis was and how willing she was to get the power that she wanted.  Even if it meant that she poisoned her father.

Ra and Hathor - I liked this story because it is the Ancient Egyptian version of how the Great Flood happened.

The Sun's Journey - I liked reading this story for the glimpse into the Egyptian culture that it gave.  I have always loved learning about that time period and the culture that comes with it.

Osiris - I liked this story because it showed the law and order Osiris was able to put into the world and cause it to be no longer ruled by Evil and sin.

The Death of Osiris - This story was a sad story because Osiris just wanted men to live happily and in read, however Set did not want that to happen at all.

The Journey of Isis - This story was inspiring for all of the things that Isis did to protect her child.

King of the Dead - This story was inspirational because Horus was able to take back the throne and take revenge of his father from Set.

The Wax Crocodile - The idea of having a wax crocodile to do whatever you wanted whenever you wanted, and have it be a small wax figurine whenever you did not want to deal with it, would certainly be a great way to get what you wanted.

The Green Jewel - I think this story shows that the scribe is a very powerful person.  It would be awesome to have his powers.

No comments:

Post a Comment